Republic Wireless Inc. (“Republic Wireless” or “we”), provides wireless communications solutions. To learn more about Republic Wireless, please see “How can you contact us?” below.
We make the security and confidentiality of the personal information that you provide to us a high priority. We understand the trust that you give us when you provide information to us.
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web sites or communicate with us in any other way. This includes information that identifies you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name(s) and password(s), if applicable. We also may request information about your communications needs and preferences. You can choose not to provide information, but we may require some information about you to use our Web sites and/or services as intended. We also may require some personal information to answer your questions or conduct other transactions on our Web sites. When you contact us, we may monitor or record the communication or keep a record of it to help us train employees and provide customer service.
Information Automatically Collected Due to Use of Our Wireless Services
We collect information about our wireless services that you use, including network traffic data, call records, websites visited, applications and features used, service options chosen, mobile and device number(s) and other similar information. We collect and use data regarding your mobile device location for a variety of purposes as described below. We also may collect and use mobile usage information and other information for certain business and marketing reports as described below.
Other Information Automatically Collected
If you subscribe to certain services, we may automatically measure and monitor network performance and the performance of your Internet connection to improve your, or our, overall service levels. We also may access information about your mobile device or device settings to provide customized support or to install specific applications or services that you use or are necessary for your use of certain services. We also automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit our Web sites. For example, we collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. We collect this automatic information to help us understand the interests of our community members and visitors and customize your user experience, among other things.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
- To help us customize the content, Web site experience, and advertisements provided to you on our Web sites and on other Web sites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie automatically recognizes your Web browser as you navigate on the Internet and presents you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of the features, offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon) of our Web sites.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most Web browsers will tell you how to prevent your Web browser from accepting new cookies, have the Web browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or disable most cookies. However, you may not be able to access some tools and features offered on our Web sites if you refuse to accept cookies.
Our Web sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs). These Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that we place in the code of a Web page. Web beacons allow us to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Web sites to another, deliver or communicate with cookies, understand whether you have come to our Web sites from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Web site, and improve the performance of our Web sites. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails recipients have opened and track the visitor traffic on our Web sites.
Information from Other Sources
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and third parties and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit www. republicwireless.com by “clicking-through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then the partner may share with us information about you that you have provided to that partner. For example, we may receive your contact information and demographic information. If you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Web sites, we also may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those third party services. We also may obtain from credit reporting agencies credit information about you that helps us with customer authentication and credit-related decisions. We also may obtain additional information about you from outside companies that collect information, including demographic and interest data. We also may obtain contact information and other marketing lead information from third parties, which we may add to other information about you that we maintain.
Information About Others
If you have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people or businesses through our Web sites, you should obtain their consent before you provide their personal information to us.
We want to provide you with relevant content and information across our Web sites. We may collect information about your communications-related searches and use this information to serve you with advertisements on our Web sites (or elsewhere on the Internet) that match your apparent communications related interests.
We do not share your personal information (such as your email address) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve advertisements to you.
Republic Wireless may use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including: (i) the registration and management of your account, including for billing purposes, the delivery and maintenance of products or services, assistance with service-related issues or questions, and the facilitation of your access to and use of our Web sites; (iii) communication with you, including to provide information about Republic Wireless and invitations from Republic Wireless; (iv) responses to your questions and comments; (iv) the measurement of your interest in our products, services, and Web sites, as well as the improvement, management and protection of our network, products, services, and Web sites; (v) notifications about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may interest you; (vi) the customization of your experience with Republic Wireless; (vii) the solicitation of information from you, including through surveys; viii) the resolution of disputes and troubleshooting of other problems; (ix) the prevention of potentially prohibited or illegal activities; (x) the enforcement of our Terms of Service, including our Acceptable Use Policy; and (xi) as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
We use your mobile device location to provide our wireless voice and data services, emergency services, and location- based applications and services offered by us and third parties, including mapping, navigation, weather, mapping and other applications or tools. Wireless applications and services offered by us and third parties also use mobile device location data. We may use mobile usage information and other information for certain business and marketing reports. This information includes the location of your device, your use of our products and services, and other demographic and interest information obtained by us from other sources. We may use this information to prepare aggregated business and marketing reports that we may use ourselves or share with others for their use, but which do not personally identify you. We also may share location information with other companies in a way that does not personally identify you so that they may produce business and marketing reports.
You will not give, lend or otherwise disclose any passwords or other similar user identifications to any unauthorized person, or permit any unauthorized person to use your mobile device, account(s) or related passwords or user identifications. Any loss of control of passwords or other similar user identifications may result in the loss of control over your information. You will be responsible for any actions taken on your behalf or any person using your passwords or other similar user identifications. You must immediately change any passwords or other similar user identifications and notify us immediately if any passwords or other similar user identifications have been compromised.
Please review “What choices do you have regarding the collection and use of your information?” below.
How Do We Utilize Customer Proprietary Network Information? Some information related to certain communications services that we provide to you constitutes Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”). For example, CPNI includes to whom, where and when you make calls. Specific federal laws and regulations protect CPNI. We are committed to full compliance with these federal laws and regulations in all respects. We only will share or disclose your CPNI without your consent (i) to initiate, render, bill and collect for our telecommunications services provided to you; (ii) to protect you, Republic Wireless or other carriers from fraudulent or illegal use of, or subscription to, our products and services; (iii) to protect our rights or property; (iv) to provide your call location information in certain specified emergency situations, if applicable; (v) to market to you services or products among the categories of services or products to which you currently subscribe; and (vi) for other purposes permitted by law. You will receive a privacy notice regarding CPNI when you first contract for or order service and every two years thereafter. You may choose to opt out of the sharing of your CPNI within our family of companies (and their divisions) for certain marketing purposes. For more information regarding CPNI, please see www.republicwireless.com/legal.
Any anonymized data that you send to us such as your questions, suggestions, ideas or other creative material belongs to us and we will not treat it as confidential. We may shamelessly adapt, disclose, display, distribute, reproduce, use, or create derivative works from any such information without acknowledgment of you or compensation to you.
Republic Wireless may share your information with others:
- We may use third party vendors to provide various services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf to operate features of our Web sites or facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests, among other reasons. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- We use a third-party intermediary to manage certain credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information, including your billing name and address and credit card number, except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
- Within our family of companies (and their divisions) for operational purposes.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. We reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us in any such cases.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Republic Wireless, our community members, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements, subject to applicable law, including those governing the use and disclosure of CPNI.
- To obtain a creditreport.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Except as described above, we will notify you when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Web sites receive. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant, accurate, and complete. Your use of our services or our Web site may permit you to update or revise your personal information through our Web site or otherwise from time to time. If you remove certain information from your account(s), we only will retain those copies of such information as necessary for us to comply with governmental orders, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce any agreement that you have entered into with us, and as we otherwise deem reasonably necessary.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information that we do not automatically collect, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain services or features offered on our Web sites.
- You also can revise or update information as described above.
- Whether registered as a Republic Wireless community member or not, you also may unsubscribe from promotional messages in any email we send. We reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Republic Wireless account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Republic Wireless wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of opportunities on our Web sites. We do this by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent communications-related interests. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about special offers available through our Web sites. You will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any email we send.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your Web browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Republic Wireless, you may not be able to access portions of our Web sites.
We want you to feel confident about using Republic Wireless, and we commit to protecting the information we collect. While no company or Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, we permit only authorized personnel to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information that we maintain. However, we make no guarantee, representation or warranty that use of our services or Web sites is protected from all security threats, viruses, or other vulnerabilities or that your information always will be secure.
The Web sites operated by Republic Wireless are general audience sites and do not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email.
Republic Wireless, Inc.
Attention: Customer Care
900 Main Campus Drive, Fifth Floor
Raleigh, NC 27606
© 2017 Republic Wireless, Inc. All rights reserved. “Cancellation Period” will have the meaning set forth in
Section 9(g) below.
Effective December 1, 2016