1.0 member needs to replace (and possibly upgrade from) a dying Moto G Gen 1 phone. How to proceed?

As I recall, only 1st and 2rd Generation Moto E and and 1st and 3rd Generation Moto G are allowed for 1.0 plans. I’d prefer to stay on the 1.0 plan. What is best way for me to proceed?

Hi @johnp.3c0wjf,

You may add the 1st and 2nd Gen. Moto X to the list of phones that may continue use of grandfathered 1.0 plans. None of these phones is available new as they are no longer manufactured. You’ll need to source a previously used Republic specific model via the secondary market. Republic’s guidance is here: Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help.

Seriously consider the advantages/benefits of purchasing a new phone and being on the newer plans.

If you think it’s just the battery, then replace the battery. Any average do-it-yourself person can replace a battery in a Motorola G1.

Go watch a youtube video and see for yourself.

I also have a moto x ist gen. and have replaced the battery about 5 months ago. Went to a shopping mall that had several cell phone repairs offered at various kiosks. Bought the replacement battery from eBay then brought the battery and phone in to repair. Was done in half hour. Works good.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.