1.0 plan

I’m a longtime customer. I have the 1.0 plan where I pay $25 monthly unlimited phone and 5GB data. Do I have to buy a legacy phone to keep my plan the same? And if so, where do i find the legacy phones? Currently I have a Moto G 1st generation phone.

Hi @jeromet.y8ug1f,

If keeping your grandfathered plan is the priority, you will indeed need to acquire a legacy Republic phone (Moto E1, E2, G1, G3, X1, X2). No legacy Republic phones remain available for purchase as new phones. You might consider purchasing a previously used legacy Republic phone. Republic offers guidance for that here: Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones.

Used phones are available on Swappa and EBay. I won’t buy a phone with less then 16GB of memory. Also the Moto G1 phone is one of phones where an average do-it-yourself person can replace the battery with just a few tools.

It almost seems like a push to get me into a new plan. I really , really like my plan.

Thanks for the info…

The used Moto X1 is going for around $80 on Swappa right now.

I am sure the batteries are not very good at this point (at least mine is not).

I prefer the X2 bigger screen that my spouse has, but there are none for sale on Swappa right now.

Apparently, folks where using more and more cellular data and Sprint was charging too much for cellular data to make it a viable product to sell.

Fortunately for you, Republic changed their minds about shutting the plan down last July. The downside is no new phones.

Message an
Expert customer