11 Best Budgeting and Financial Planning Apps

Originally published at: https://pwk.republicwireless.com/11-best-budgeting-and-financial-planning-apps/

In essence, these 11 apps are built to do very similar things: help you budget your money, make paying bills more convenient, and remind you what needs to be paid when. There’s a lot of personal info that can be found in your budget, so it makes sense that one of people’s biggest fears about using a financial app is security. Though many app developers have gone to great lengths to keep you safe, if you’re concerned about the safety of your finance apps, take a few minutes to read this article on the best ways to stay protected. 1…

We have used the app called Goodbudget. It follows the envelope principal for managing your money month to month.

I haven’t heard of that one, I will have to try it out! Thanks for the recommendation!

Here’s a 12th: Every Dollar from nationally syndicated radio host Dave Ramsey. It’s available for both iPhone and Android.

You have all missed the best app out there for budgeting, You Need A Budget (YNAB). Madison, you said it yourself, “In essence, these 11 apps are built to do very similar things.” That’s the problem with most “budgeting” apps. They don’t actually help me stick to a budget. They do a great job tracking activity, but YNAB has is designed around 4 budgeting principles which actually help me follow my budget. I do not work for them, but their app is sure working for me.

Great call out, Jonathan. It really is hard to stick with a budget, no matter how well an app may track it. I will definitely look into this app and perhaps create a new blog with all the great budgeting apps that have been suggested. Thanks for adding another one to the list! If it does as you say and helps you stick to your budget, I can see this app becoming my new best friend in the near future.

Nothing is better than YNAB (You Need a Budget). It’s life changing! I’ve tried sooo many until I came across YNAB. I’ve saved thousands of dollars, paid off student loans, etc. using this tool and they’ve recently updated their app to be more mobile friendly.

With how great you and @jonathans.7xbtv7 make it sound, I’m amazed I’ve never heard of it before… even with all my research! I’m excited to try it out!

thanks for the YNAB tip, I am excited to give it a try.

Here is the link to YNAB

I have heard that that is a great app as well. We follow the Dave Ramsey plan for our budget as well and his methods are pretty solid.

Agreed, YNAB is the best budgeting app out there. There is no principle more freeing than living on last months income