16 Best North Carolina Fall Hiking Trails

Originally published at: https://pwk.republicwireless.com/16-best-north-carolina-fall-hiking-trails/

North Carolina is a beautiful state year round but it’s especially breathtaking in the fall. There are tons of hiking trails across the state with spectacular views of the colorful leaves that you should take advantage of this season. We’ve put together a list of some of the best trails to explore this fall. Quick Hiking Trails 0 – 2 miles Beacon Heights Trail Distance: 0.6 mi Difficulty level: moderate One of the most popular trails on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Beacon Heights gives gorgeous panoramic views of Calloway Peak, Mount Mitchell, and Table Rock Mountain. Pickens Nose Distance: 1.5 mi…

Has anyone hiked Table Rock in Upsate SC? It’s an awesome hike! If you are not in shape, I dont recommend it. I hiked it when I was extremely unfit and it was downright awful. However, the view is to die for! It’s pretty high and is a huge flat rock formation (hence the name). I have never hiked it during the fall when the trees change color, but I can imagine it would be picturesque! I believe its arround 10 miles or so round trip so it’s a day event. Bring a lot of water too. I brought a couple bottles and had pretty much emptied both by the time I reached the top.