1st-gen X screen goes black during a call, stays that way thru the call. Legacy basic plan, talk/text

What phone do you have?

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

I can’t use the phone w/ any commercial service that uses automated answering, or hang up an accidental call, or use speakerphone because the 1st-gen. X’s screen goes black throughout the call. Can this be fixed? It also has a broken glass and broken-off piece of the case in the upper left front corner.

This just began a few days ago, though I’ve dropped the phone a number of times over the last year. Can this be fixed; if so, at about what cost?

Issue Description

During one of the falls there is always the possibility of damage to the internal connections or circuit board, or maybe the case just got moved over the sensor?

• Try using the :motohelp: Moto Help and see if it offers a test you can run
  • Cost would have to be determined by a repair company … but my guess is that the device is EOL (End of Life) or fast approaching it
1 Like

@raymondh.0fdix8 Are you still looking for assistance with this issue?

Thank you for checking. No, I am not. I’ve decided that, like it or not (& I don’t like it), the X has reached its functional end of life (the computer part of if mostly still works). So, I’m looking for a replacement.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer