2 phones, same phone #, depending on which country I'm in

Can I use 2 phones (older Moto G and newer one TBD) for the same account so that I can switch between the $5 plan and something with data, calls, and texts?

I have a Moto G (1st Gen) that works exactly how I want it to when I’m outside of the USA. I love the $5 wifi option.

When I do visit the US, which might be for a few days every 2-3 months, the same phone doesn’t work so well – this is when I upgrade my plan to the Republic Refund + 0.5 GB plan. It just doesn’t work how I need it to work – too slow and so on.

As a result, I’d like to buy a newer phone for only those times when I am in the US. I don’t need to have the latest and greatest. Thinking of getting a Moto X 3rd Gen. But something that shows me maps that doesn’t crash continually, for example. I know with a newer phone that I can’t drop down to the $5 wifi only plan. Which is why I’m thinking of having 2 Republic Wireless phones.

Can I do this?

Thanks in advance, J.

If one has a 3.0 phone and a Legacy phone you can activate the 3.0 phone as a line replacement when in the US and pay the My choice plans and when leaving the US reactivate the Legacy plan on the Refund plans ($10 for current billing cycle and you can move down to the $5 after that)

note after 20 days the 3.0 Phones SIM will expire and would need to be replace the next time you come to the States)

Fantastic. Thanks much for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.