2 problems: showing no bars, when used to show full bars; emergency calls only when connected to the internet

What phone do you have?
Moto E4

What plan are you on?
My choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Just talk & text.

Issue Description

I switched to Republic four months ago. For the first two months, it worked perfectly. Full bars in my house, and fine service driving around. Last month, during the second week, the phone notified me “Emergency calls only”. It would allow some calls in (on WiFi), and drop most of them. I could not make calls–it would say: “no voice calls”. I read over the help ticket, restarted my phone, and it started working again, as it had originally.
This month, for the first two weeks I had great service–I traveled in CA and WY and it only lost service for a brief while, once. It functioned fine on hotel WiFi. Now I am back home, and it is barely functional–saying I have no service (although my housemate, who is on Republic, does), not allowing calls through, my texts are failing to send, and the screen has begun to flicker. I tried restarting the phone multiple times, re-charged it, and nothing seems to change.
Also, the last thing I thought was strange was that when I looked on the Republic Wireless app, it said my phone was supported, but that I should buy a SIM card. But I already have one, obviously!!

Any help would be vastly appreciated. I, and my entire family and friends, am extremely frustrated.

It’s a bit late, but perhaps a little Spring clean up might help?

• Start with a Clear Cache (best if you do both System and App)

Hi @ceciliacolletteblack,

Please see this help document for the Moto E4:

1 Like

Thank you! I did this, and it did not help. I’m sure it did no harm, anyway. :slight_smile:

THANK YOU!!! I was three updates behind! Thank you so much for helping. Is this something I should check on regularly from now on?

Hi @ceciliacolletteblack,

You’re quite welcome.

Typically, the phone will notify you when there is an update pending. With the E4, this is an unusual situation where that notification doesn’t happen on these first few updates. We’ve been trying to get the word out to everyone, but I’m so very glad you asked here in our Member Community so we could help!

Okay, thank you again for your help!

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer