2 year old Moto X Pure wants to finish activation?

What phone do you have?
Moto X Pure
What plan are you on?
My Choice (2 GB)
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Date plus talk/text

Issue Description

A Republic pop up showed up on my phone today (2 year old Moto X Pure, never had any previous problems) wanting me to finish activation. Obviously I’ve already done this since I’ve been using the phone the last 2 years,
The notification says" Republic Wireless activation is nearly complete! Power the phone down to complete" If I open the Republic app everything looks normal - no mention of any updates. The phone works fine - calls, texts, email, internet, connects to WIFI… At some point I’m sure I’ll want/need to reboot the phone. Is anything funky going on with the phone? Is there any harm in rebooting? I really don’t want to do something that may cause a service interruption or possibly brick the phone.

There should be no harm in rebooting (turning the phone off, then on again).
As with any computer a reboot can fix a lot of issues, and phones are little computers!
(I want to make sure tho that you are talking about a reboot and not a “reset” of the phone.) :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, it does say restart (but I’m concerned that it might mean reset). I’m just a little nervous that it might reset everything back to original settings and wipe everything clean. I would think that an “activation” would want to start with a fresh slate?

Nope. Activation does not factory reset the phone.
Restarting the phone, also, does not wipe the phone.

1 Like

Thanks @SuperT and @SpeedingCheetah Rebooting got rid of the message (didn’t look like the phone tried to actually reactivate) and everything seems to be working normal.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer