24 minute boot time?

A moto X ver1 on a rebate plan. 90+% is wifi use. Very few apps installed, at least half the memory free, probably more. Only app I use for more than looking up a phone number is Google navigation. All apps auto updated via Google play.

Problem: if for some reason it shuts down (cold in the car will shut it down) it takes a solid 24 minutes to boot back up. This is as you can imagine a major pain. Screen displays “… optimizing apps, 1, … 2, … of 75 …,” then reboots.

Is this an Apple like trick to force me to buy a new phone? It would be an unnecessary extravagance.

the optimizing app on power up is a known issue when powering up while plugged in to a charger

5 Likes

Will pay attention to this, thanks.

3 Likes

The workaround in @drm186 's links works on my G1 & G3.

If your X1 is shutting down to old/low battery you may want to consider an upgrade or possibly having a new battery installed.

:flight_departure:

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I don’t want to consider.

I didn’t consider replacing my Moto X either when the cell radio died prematurely more than a year & half ago. Haven’t looked back and going forward have had a better user experience.

We are all different and wants/needs vary.

:flight_departure:

@beachcolonist

I understand not wanting to get a newer phone (they are expensive and newer plan may not be as much of a value as you current on, but the suggestion of a new battery may be one wother looking in to as the Moto X battery was design to have about 500 charge cycles and after 3-4 years your are pushing it’s end of life.
I would not recommend novice to replace the battery in a moto X but there are many local repair shops that can do this for not to much it’s at least worth looking in to

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer