About the Questions & Answers category

Need to know “How do I…”, “Can I…” or “What is…”? Ask your question here. Our Community Members will answer to the best of their ability.

This is the place to get answers from the experience of everyone.

The questions that do not need to be asked

These questions are asked so often that they have earned a prominent position on this site. No need to ask these or variants of these, since they have been answered already.

Can I use my phone in another country?

The answer is the same no matter which country you’re visiting. Your Republic Wireless plan includes unlimited calling and texting to US numbers over Wi-Fi no matter where in the world you are. When away from Wi-Fi our cellular coverage is limited to US coverage areas only.

What phones work with Republic? iPhone?

We offer affordable plans through our unique hybrid service by seamlessly integrating Wi-Fi calling and texting with cellular coverage. This special blend of technology is currently supported only with certain Android varieties. Your iPhone operates on a very different type of software and we cannot offer our service for that software at this time.

How do I get help from Republic Wireless?

We offer help in a variety of ways. Our online Community allows you to search our documentation and read previous questions asked and answered by other members. For general questions about using your phone and our service and plans, our experienced Community members are quick to provide answers you can count on. For account-specific questions and requests that require our technical assistance, we offer online support through Live Chat and support tickets.

Can I keep my old plan when I upgrade to a new phone?

Over the years we’ve worked to improve our service and features based on our members’ feedback. Our “Unlimited” Beta plans and our Republic Refund plans are now grandfathered and available on only the specific phone models they originally served. If you upgrade to one of the phones currently offered in our online store or bought from a third-party (BYOP), your upgraded service line will transition to our My Choice plan.

How do I add a new line to my Republic account?

Once you receive your phone you’ll start the activation process. If you have an existing Republic account you will be prompted to sign into your account. During the activation process you can either select an existing phone number to upgrade or add a new line of service to your account.

Please review the TOP page in the #QA section BEFORE posting to see if there are any similar questions already answered.

Questions that belong in other categories

• Requests for suggestions - A question needs to have a single answer and asking for suggestions may have multiple correct answers. This should be placed in #discussions
  • Multi-topic questions - If you have multiple questions, first search, they are probably answered :smiley: and then make sure to ask any remaining questions, eacn in its own post.
  • Problems - If something is not working and you need help fixing it use the #problems category.

Note: If you’re not sure where to post, post anyway! Moving your topic to the right category is only a matter of a few clicks for one of our friendly moderators.

Tips for writing great questions

Please be thorough in your question title and description. Here are some things to include:

• What phone do you have or are planning to have? Make and Model is usually important.
  • What plan are you on or concerned about?
  • What’s the official name of any app you are asking about?
  • Be detailed, the more we know the better and faster we can help.

Note: Titles have a 15-character minimum and a 110-character maximum. Keep your title short and to point, give the details in the main body of your post.

How to know if a question has been answered

A topic in #QA or #problems that has a correct answer will show a filled-in checkbox

How to mark a reply as correct

If you asked a question and someone gave you an answer that worked, marking the answer as correct helps others who might see your question in the future. Look for the checkbox under the reply you’d like to mark as correct and click to check it.

Note: If you didn’t ask the question, you won’t have the option to mark it as correct, but you can “like” it to show that you think it’s a good answer.

How to find the marked solution

When a reply is marked as solved, a link with the author’s username and a brief snippet of the answer is placed inside the original post, at the very top of the conversation.

Welcome to the Republic Wireless Community