Account says no phone registered

I get charged every month and have used this phone every day on Republic for 3 years. I don’t remember my PIN so Customer service can’t help. They take my money and I use the service, but no record of me since my Defy phone years ago. I guess I could use another service and stop credit card payments, but I have been satisfied. Any one have this problem?

Hi @OldeFaht,

Yes, we regularly see people who have lost access to their accounts, and we help them regain access. It’s not that there’s any problem with your account, it’s simply that the e-mail address associated with your account is not the e-mail address you are using to contact us. I’m sure you can understand that anyone could write in from any e-mail address and say, “I’m the account owner!” We must take great precautions to verify account ownership correctly so that your privacy and the security of your account are maintained, and because federal regulations require us to proceed carefully in this type of situation.

Our Help Team will be in touch with you as soon as they can to continue to work with you to verify that you are the account owner and help you regain access to your account.

While you’re waiting, you might check any other e-mail addresses you own to see which one is receiving your monthly invoice from us. If we’re billing you every month, we’re sending a monthly invoice to the e-mail address on file, and that’s the e-mail address that would allow you to log in.

2 Likes

Hi:

It looks like my billing email is {redacted}. I’ll see if I can get in with that one.

1 Like

I got into my account using {redacted}. That was my fault. Sorry.

Could you let me know where I can find my “Account Number”. Is that my phone number or is there another number that would be my account number?

-The time is always right to do what is right.

Hi @OldeFaht,

I’m glad you were able to get logged in.

Your account number is your 10-digit phone number. If you’re needing your account number, you must be leaving us, and will need your PIN as well. Instructions to set your PIN are here:

Thanks, Lefty.

-The time is always right to do what is right.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer