Accurate Viability and Upgrade Cost Estimate from Legacy?

I currently have a legacy plan (voice+text) with a 1st gen Moto G. I’m planning on buying the following from Amazon. By everything I read, this should keep me with Republic Wireless and put me on the My Choice plan. Correct?

[Motorola G6 – 32 GB – Unlocked (AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile/Verizon) – Black - (U.S. Warranty) - PAAE0000US] $179.99
3-in-1 Republic Wireless SIM Card Kit $5

For a total of $184.99 plus sales tax.

Then, the My Choice plan will up my monthly cost to $15 + tax/charges per month.

Am I missing anything?

That sounds right. The one thing you should note is the BYOP SIM will give you different coverage than you have with your Moto G. For some customers it is better than the old coverage, for others worse. If it turns out that the coverage is worse you can open a ticket with support, provide this information: How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help and they’ll send you a SIM card that provides the same coverage you have now.

3 Likes

I recommend getting an SD card as well…as it doesn’t take too long to use up 32GB memory.

Here is some guidance from moto on the SD card

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/127856/p/30,6720,10385

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer