Activating visual voicemail

Is visual voicemail supported by Republic?

I’ve searched the official voicemail help articles by BenG, but don’t see any mention of visual voicemail. I searched the forums here and this user seems to be receiving the same message as me when I turn on visual voicemail in the default Android phone app.

Here is a screenshot of the message I receive after turning on visual voicemail:

How can I activate visual voicemail, or is this not a feature Republic supports?

2 Likes

Voicemail problems

Hi @evanwhat,

Visual voicemail is indeed supported. Please see here for more:

5 Likes

Thanks! To clarify, I think a definition of “visual voicemail” would help. What exactly is visual voicemail?

When I first created this thread, I thought visual voicemail was a feature that enabled users to visually read a transcribed copy of the voicemail – this is incorrect, no? However, it seems like visual voicemail just refers to the ability to access and playback voicemails without actually calling the voicemail number? After some research, I think the visual transcribing of voicemail messages to text is referred to as “voicemail to text,” no? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Is voicemail to text supported by Republic?

0 Likes

Visual voicemail is the ability to see which callers left a message and selectively listen/delete those messages.

Voicemail-to-text is something different that Republic does not currently offer.

3 Likes

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer