Active phone, deactivated

What phone do you have? Moto G 4 Play

What plan are you on? My Choice +1

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? includes 1gb data

Issue Description

My phone had a message this morning stating that it had been deactivated. I do not know when the problem started would have been after 6/5/2018 at approximately 4:00 p.m. MST and before 6/6/2018 at approximately 7:15 a.m. Logged on to my Republic account and found that the phone was active (which it should have been I made no changes to my account.) Searched the forum for any similar issues and found none. Phone required that I sign on to my account, when I logged on the message “Your activation is underway this should take less than an hour. We’ll send you an email once it’s complete.”; If I try to make a phone call the message “This phone isn’t activated. Do you want to activate this phone to make calls?” appears. when I click "Get Activated” I receive the message “This device is activated. If you continue to see this screen please restart your phone.” I have restarted my phone twice and the process as listed above starts all over again.

Hi @jons.xwybdp,

Our technicians are currently working through this issue. I’ll update you here when we have more information.

Thank you

What phone do you have?
moto G4

What plan are you on?
I can’t access this on my phone right now, but there $25 a month/ 1 gb of data plan
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Data too.

Issue Description

I’ve been using this phone for five months or so. This morning all of a sudden it said it wasn’t activated and that I needed to sign in to republic to reactivate it. I did and a message appeared that it would take about an hour to do this and that I’d get an email after it happened. After some time it would then say it was activate (no email) when I tried to call my husband, but that I had to restart my phone. When I restart it says, again, that I have to activate it (and I can’t call out, even on wifi). This is distressing as I’m supposed to go into labor in the next week or two and need to be able to make calls. What is happening?

Hi @katherinew.7sgzcz,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is not an issue you can solve from the phone. Our technicians are working on a solution at this time, and I’ll let you know as we have more information.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’m really glad you’re working on it.

Hi @katherinew.7sgzcz,

I’ve moved your question into this conversation on the same matter so we can focus the conversation in one place, and I can update folks all at once.

I’m very sorry about the timing of this issue in relation to your condition.

My phone (MotoG4 running Android 7.0) was working normal but when I woke up this morning it said I needed to activate my phone with republic wireless and I can’t send any messages or receive any. I’ve had this phone for about a year so am confused what happened. Every time I try to activate the phone it’s not doing anything. It shows the screen saying activation is underway and an email will be sent when it’s complete and that it should take less than an hour, but it has been over an hour and no change or email. I tried the dial 8467 thing too but it just opens the same activation page. Any help?

My moto x is doing the same thing. It worked for 4-5 years until this morning. I have a ticket opened. They said i cannot do anything about it on my end and they are looking into the problem

Thanks for the info hopefully they can fix it soon!

Also have a G4 and having the exact same problem this morning!

Strange! :thinking:

People are calling me, but i cannot call out or text out.

Hi @wick, @brennah.s8ga7m, and @christopherw.eqjr26 ,

I’ve moved your posts into an existing conversation on the issue, so we can focus the conversation in one place.

This is a system outage our technicians are investigating. We’ve just posted to our Status page at: https://status.republicwireless.com/incidents/cdtkcm872178
and will post updates there.

I’ll also update this thread when the issue is resolved.

(Pinging @Ambassadors for situational awareness, master ticket: 1401849.)

1 Like

What phone do you have? Moto G4

What plan are you on? $20 monthly

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? includes data

Issue Description

Suddenly today I received a notice that my phone was not activated on Republic , I checked that I wanted it activated. WQhen I go on the phone to my account I am notified that activation is underway, should take less than an hour, and that I’ll be emailed, (Several hours ago.) When I attempt tp make a call, I get a notice that asking me if I want to get activated, and when I click “get activated” I receive a notice that the phone is activated. One of those endless cuircles. I have rebooted the phone twice with no change in this pattern.

Testing it with my partner, I can recieve calls, but if she leaves a message, O have no missed calls voicemail.

Can’t call out. Callers think I’m getting messages. Problem. Please help.

(Incidentally I am a Beta community member on my third phone with few issues.

Hi @bend ,

I’ve moved your post into an existing conversation on the topic so we can focus the conversation in one place. Our engineers are investigating this outage and I’ll follow up as we know more.

We’ll also update our status page as we have further news: https://status.republicwireless.com/incidents/cdtkcm872178

What phone do you have? Moto G5 Plus (32GB) (Lunar Gray)

What plan are you on? 20

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? yes

I turned the phone off in the movie theatre. When I turned it back on a message came on “re-activate your phone”. What’s up?

Issue Description

Hi @stephenj.p2qchs

I’ve moved your post into an existing conversation on the topic so we can focus the conversation in one place. Our engineers are investigating this outage and I’ll follow up as we know more.

We’ll also update our status page as we have further news: https://status.republicwireless.com/incidents/cdtkcm872178

1 Like

Hi @jons.xwybdp, @katherinew.7sgzcz, @brennah.s8ga7m, @wick, @christopherw.eqjr26, @bend, @stephenj.p2qchs and others affected by this issue.

Our engineers have identified the cause of the issue and are working on the solution… We also have a technical workaround available to our agents, so if you’d like to open a ticket and indicate you are experiencing the “not activated” issue in master ticket 1401849, someone will assist you as quickly as possible, considering the significant ticket volume.

3 Likes

My phone is all fixed now! Not to sure what happened but it just reactivated and after a restart is working normally now

Message an
Expert customer