After moving number elsewhere, calls still ring RW phone. When will phone not be RW?

My wife ported her RW phone number over to another carrier. She is able to make/receive calls and send/receive texts.

When I call her from my landline phone she receives the call with no problem.

However, when I call her from my RW phone it says “The RW customer is not available”.

Our account still shows her phone being on the account.

Two questions:

Will this message go away on its own or do I need to do something to stop it?

We were told by the new carries once the porting was complete we would not have to do anything with RW. Is this true? If not, when should I do something with RW?

1 Like

Hi @rwestman,

Your wife is experiencing something known as a period of dual service. It’s a sign of an ongoing but as yet incomplete transfer (port). It should self-resolve in the next day or two. Some context follows:

Republic numbers are classified as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Republic’s use of VoIP is part of the nature of it’s hybrid WiFi first service. There is nothing Republic can do to change this regulatory (FCC) classification.

For transfer (porting) purposes, VoIP numbers are treated the same as traditional landlines (wireline is the more correct telecom industry term). Porting one’s number will, typically, take longer (days as opposed to hours) but can be done successfully.

When her port is complete, Republic will send email notification. Within 12-24 hours of receiving that her phone should no longer show in your account and calls from your Republic phone should route to her new service provider. Presuming that happens nothing else need be done.

Message an
Expert customer