Am I being tapped?

I l learned I can see if my phone has an active tracking enabled/disabled by someone else when dialing *#21#

This works on any other cell phone except mine. When I dial *#21# I get a message reading

“This number cannot be dialed”
The feds watching me or something?

What phone do you have? MOTO G6

What plan are you on? $20 a month

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Talk & Text

Issue Description

If I understand correctly, *#21# is used in certain European and other countries and carriers to check the status of call forwarding. “This number cannot be dialed” indicates it’s not used for that feature here.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the *#21# dialer code does work on a household phone not on Republic’s network, so, apparently, it does work in the U.S. as well as Europe. That said, it’s use is indeed not supported on Republic’s network.

No, in and of itself, this does not mean the feds or anyone else is watching you. It simply means the code does not work with Republic’s unique (sufficiently unique to be patented) blended WiFi/cell service.

Is there a particular reason, you think the feds or someone else might wish to watch you? As omnipresent as our federal government might seem at times, there are over 320 million folks living in America. It’s just not possible for the feds to meaningfully watch all of us or anything close to it.

4 Likes

They probably heard me talk about conspiracy theories or something unproductive like the gateway project. I don’t know, I say all of this with comedic intent, but I do have a lot of dessert recipes on my phone that I don’t want the CIA or FBI to steal and create their own bakery.

I have a lot of questions. Like if they’re listening can they loan a brotha some new kicks? I know they know what I don’t have.

4 Likes

In short, this was helpful. Thank you for explaining the problem.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer