Android R update and now problems with my Samsung A10e

I also just updated my A10 from the software update notification and I cannot send or get text messages, make phone calls. My phone is super slow. I get the SIM card message and I’ve never received that before. Please let me know what can be done so I can use my phone

I also just updated my A10 from the software update notification and I cannot send or get text messages, make phone calls. My phone is super slow. I get the SIM card message and I’ve never received that before. Please let me know what can be done so I can use my phone

Hello @michellem.nxbcsa Welcome to the Republic Community, sorry it is under such circumstances. Please check the Play Store for an update to the Republic App. If you don’t see an update, come back and let us know and someone will reach out about getting you the updated version to fix this.

1 Like

Ah yes, welcome to the wonderful world of time to buy a new phone. This is, along with other phone manufactures way of saying " TIME TO UPDATE " your phone. Not really in terms of software/firmware, but in terms of breaking your older phone. I have a Moto Z4 and I can tell you, you’re not going through this alone. Yes, I too can not use the Google message texting app. I had to install “Textra” from the Google Play store so I can joyfully receive and send texts. I suggest you try a different texting app is all. Perhaps Textra? Not to mention all the other wonky issues I am going through now. Yes, updates ( security updates in general ) do seem to do more harm than good. I’m not really up to par with Samflung, is your A10 about 2 years old? If so, TIME FOR AN UPDATE… :face_with_head_bandage:

There was a specific bug introduced to the Galaxy A10e using Republic’s CDMA SIM by a Samsung operating system update. That bug was resolved with an update to Republic’s mobile app. There is generally no reason for those using Samsung’s Galaxy A10e with Republic service to replace their phones.

1 Like

Yes, it’s about 2 years old. It is fixed now. It was resolved with an update and now everything is working like normal. Thanks!

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer