Android Spam block option is gone

Before a recent upgrade I could tap on a number in the “Recents” list and a drop-down box included a “Block” option that let me block the number. Simple & effective, and supposedly that number also got reported back to RW. Now the Block option no longer shows up. Is there a way to get it back?

Hi @carlm.oxqhji and welcome to the Member Community. A little more information might help the Community find a solution.

What phone do you have?
What was recent upgrade? Was upgrade to phone app, RW app, or some type of system upgrade?

I ask because the blocking works fine on our Moto G6s. It takes a long hold on number, not tap, to bring up box with block option in the recents panel. Your phone might be different.

Long hold on the number, that did it. It used to work with a tap. Thanks!

For the sake of clarity, the blocking feature you’re referring to is built into the Phone app bundled by the manufacturer. Any reporting of spam using that feature would go back to the manufacturer or, more likely, Google not Republic.

Republic’s spam blocking feature is described here: How to Block Robocalls/Spam Calls & Voicemails Using the Republic Wireless App – Republic Help. It’s separate from the Phone app’s blocking feature.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer