Annoying BEEP at the end of every call

What phone do you have? Google’s Pixel 2 XL

What plan are you on? Choice + 6GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data

Issue Description

Every time I hang up (or the person I’m talking to hangs up) I hear a very annoying BEEP. I have no idea why and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if there is a resolution?

Thank you!

The End call beep. Its normal and is a feature, not a problem. Has done it on every smartphone i have owned regardless of brand or carrier…
Shouldn’t normally be a bother, as you have to move the phone away from your ear to press end.
There is no way to disable this sound that i can find on my Pixel XL.

Snapchat installed ?

Skype?

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/Cpvah17bYtA

There is no way to remove that sound, it’s there by default. Also there on my Nexus 6P and my OG Pixel.

It’s basically there to signal that the hangup was successful.

the main thing I got out of the link(s) was that during the hang up the mic would cut out and the phone would go into like speaker phone and the beep would come out of the speaker, just like it was on speaker phone and be very loud…

As far as I can tell, The “beep” is done by the Phone Dialer app, not by 3rd party apps. Same with Moto and Samsung. My mothers Moto and my grandmothers Samsung both beep when u end a call.

Hi @patrickr,

Can you determine whether this beep is coming from the speakerphone, rather than the internal speaker? Do you have any third-party apps with phone permissions installed?

@patrickr Are you still having an issue with what you consider an annoying beep?

I still don’t see what all the fuss is.
The beep has always been there, even on feature phones.
It is quite useful to hear the beep as tha tis the only way u know the call has dropped or disconnected without looking at the screen.
I have tried to replicate this “super loud beep” issue on several model phones by installing Snapchat, can not reproduce it.
But if Google is responding to it, then it must be a bigger issue than i had thought.