Annual Payment Option, Now With Auto-Renew

When Republic Wireless launched our Annual Payment Option in May, 2019 many of our My Choice members eagerly signed up for the option to pay for twelve months at once, for a discounted price.

At that time, we told members that at the end of the annual term, billing would revert to the original monthly payment process. As the first members to sign up for the Annual Payment Option begin to think about renewing it for another year, they’ve asked for an easier way to renew.

Starting today, we’re pleased to announce that we’ve made it easier to renew your Annual Payment with Auto-Renew.

What Has Changed

For Members Newly Selecting the Annual Payment Option

Beginning today, anyone who newly subscribes for the Annual Payment Option will have Auto-Renew enabled. You can opt out of Auto-Renew any time after the Annual Payment has been billed, and before the annual term ends in the “Manage My Payment” section of the Account Portal.

For Members Who Selected the Annual Payment Option Prior to 3/16/20

For those who are already enjoying the Annual Payment option, if you take no action, then at the end of your annual term, billing will revert to the original monthly payment process. However, if you’d prefer to automatically renew your Annual Payment, you now have the option to check the checkbox and opt in to annual payment any time between when you are billed for the Annual Payment and the end of the annual term.

6 Likes

Will the renewal still be at the discounted price of 12 mos for the cost of 10?

It will indeed.

6 Likes

I’d like SOUTHPAW to reply to this question:
Will the auto-renewal still be at the discounted price of 12 mos for the cost of 10?

Hi @jamesh.0cjmak,

I fully appreciate you would like southpaw to answer the question and given the tireless effort she puts in here, no doubt she will as soon as she’s able to.

Meanwhile, perhaps, what Republic documents here will help:

For now, due to the COVID-19 situation, it would be 12 months for the cost of 9. According to the Help Center article, there is no timeline for reversion to the standard pricing of 12 months for the cost of 10.

As I read the article, the price is whatever the price is at renewal. Opting into auto-renew doesn’t guarantee the price when one does so will be the price at renewal.

4 Likes

These are community forums. Southpaw answers questions generally when they require an answer from staff or because no one else has been available. If you require an answer from staff you should open a ticket as there’s no guarantee that she’ll be able to answer here. That said the answer to your question is well documented and there’s no staff interaction required. @rolandh even provides the link to the official documentation.

3 Likes

got it - thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @jamesh.0cjmak,

I’m sorry I didn’t reply earlier. Typically if a question can be answered by our Community members, it’s not necessary for me to chime in.

I do want to clarify something, though.

The auto-renew will be at the annual payment price at the time of renewal.

I don’t say that to be dodgy. We don’t currently have any plan to change the price of the annual payment option from our normal 2-month discount rate. This discount is sustainable for our service and it seems to be a good fit as far as providing fair value to the members in exchange for a one-year commitment.

However, it’s impossible to know what the future holds. For example, when you asked your question, we did not know that we would be offering a limited-time, extra discount to help members impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. If your renewal date were today, you could renew at the 12-for-9 rate.

Three, or four, or six, or ten years from now, we may need to adjust the pricing of the annual payment option. I don’t think it would be wise to make a blanket statement that the auto-renew will always be at the 12-for-10 discounted price.

However, I also don’t want you to think that we’ll be pulling shenanigans to try to sneak a higher price in on you next year. If we were to change the annual payment price, we would notify members currently enrolled. It’s important to make sure that the E-mail address we have on file is an E-mail address you actually monitor and that you do take a look at the E-mails we send.

3 Likes

Thanks Southpaw

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer