Anywhere buggy and disappeared last night

What phone do you have? moto x4

What plan are you on? MyChoice+1GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data

Issue Description

I’ve been using the Anywhere app for texts since I got this phone a while ago. Lately it’s been buggy, doing the following things:

• separating texts with pictures or gifs into separate threads (from the beginning of me using it)
  • intermittently not notifying me that I have texts (last 2 months), then dumping 20+ texts at a time (though sometimes in that period it worked fine)
  • not sending my texts and not notifying me that it hasn’t sent (last 2 months)
  • separating out group chats into multiple threads instead of threading the replies together

I’ve been so busy I just kinda dealt with it, but last night I turned off my phone for the night and when I turned it back on, my Anywhere app had been uninstalled (I didn’t do it). I switched over to my system Messenger app, and I can see all my threads there, but when I click on a thread, it doesn’t show any of the texts. It looks like this:

I’m at my wit’s end with this texting thing. Help?

Also, now it’s doubling my texts to other people as if they’re texts from someone else?!

The fact that both the phone Messenger app AND Anywhere are having these same problems leads me to believe it’s a system thing and not the app.

Not able to provide any answers, but here are a couple of questions that my help others help you

1. You mention the Messenger app, hopefully this is not FB’s app? … only Google Messages and Republic Anywhere are supported by Republic … they show as: :messages: and :anywhere:
    • I would check to ensure this is what you are using and they are at the latest level
  2. Does this fail on WiFi, Cell or both?

By Messenger app, I meant Google Messages. It fails on both Wifi and Cell.

Hi @sarao.yr519t,

Here is a Republic article for texting issues that might help:

Also, it might be worth a try resetting the connections to the messaging server. Here is how to do that:

Please let the Community know if it helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I reinstalled Republic Anywhere, Google Messages, and cleared the cache and reset my connections (no issues that it could see). Now, every time I open the Republic Anywhere app, it’s asking me to sync contacts.

Ok, here is how to do that:

Im having similar issues as well as my wife on her phone. Most of my text strings have disappeared all together and messages are showing up coming from contacts they are not coming from.

Message an
Expert customer