Anywhere corrupted my message store!

I Installed Anywhere on my phone earlier today, and now I’m sorry that I did. All messages are shown in duplicate, and most of them are now marked unread eventhough I read them months ago. So then I went back to the messaging apps I previously used (stock Android and Samsung) and both now have the same problem. They worked fine prior to installing Anywhere. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Open a ticket, this could be a bug that needs to be addressed and support might be able to help you with the duplicate texts.

Hi @garyv

I remember having this happen a “few” times in past.

Once, it was a SIM card vs. memory thing, and the other times it was a Google Contacts thing.

If you log into your Google Contacts account, you should be able to merge duplicates…(been awhile since I have done that)…but worth a look/simple fix.

:slightly_smiling_face:

@c1tobor
Following your suggestion I did merge duplicate contacts but it didn’t change the duplicate SMS/MMS text messages.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will open a bug report since the damage is worse than I feared, with many missing messages and others reporting “0 bytes” or failing to download.

I was advised to turn off Data Saver, then re-sync my message store with the 30 day backup that is kept on RW’s servers. Doing so cured most of the issues I had, although at the cost of losing texts older than 30 days. Software developers are aware of an incompatibility between Data Saver and Anywhere.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.