Anywhere not syncing sent text messages across devices

I use Republic Anywhere on multiple devices - my Moto G4, my Samsung tablet (running Oreo), and my Windows 10 laptop. I really appreciate the ability to handle texts from any of those devices, because I use them at different times of the day, and it’s handy to be able to receive and respond to texts regardless of which device I happen to be using at the time.

The only problem I notice is that when I send a text from one device, it often doesn’t show up on the other ones. Most of the texts that I receive seem to show up on all devices, but the ones I send often do not. Although, I have also seen issues with MMS texts that I receive or send, where they show up on one device just fine, but on other devices seem to be stuck in a permanent “Downloading…” state. Note that I’m not talking about any “old” texts, this behavior happens on devices that are all simultaneously active, or at most activated within a couple hours.

Before someone suggests the “Resync from server” function in the Advanced options, I realize it is there, but I shouldn’t have to do that all the time. Besides, it only goes back 30 days, so doing that means that all the older texts get lost (and yes, I do back up my texts, but again, that’s just a hedge, not a real answer).

I do also realize that the copies of Anywhere do not sync with each other, but rather with the content on the server. But does that mean my sent texts not kept on the server? Or if they are, then why wouldn’t they be synced to Anywhere on my other devices? And is it just me, or does anyone else see this happening?

Message an
Expert customer