Anywhere: Receiver of the text MSG is coming in as the sender of the MSG

What phone do you have? Moto G6 sending the text, Moto G7 receiving the text (two separate plans)

What plan are you on? Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data included

Issue Description

When I send a text from my G6 to my wife’s G7 it states the message as coming from her phone with her name as the sender, not as me and from my phone. Both are new phones within the last month. Both phone are on separate independent accounts. Both phone are assigned to the correct user.

Hello @nesbocaj
Welcome to the Community!

Republic Anywhere while available, is not being updated unless some critical bugs show up and it’s not unheard of for it to have some strange hiccups.

With that in mind, would you and your wife be willing to install Googles Messages instead?
Please give it a try and see if it works better for you. :slight_smile:

If however if you would like to stick to Anywhere, please come back and let the Community know and we can try troubleshooting.

Thanks, I was thinking the same, switch out to a different messenger.

1 Like

You can also try this. On both phones please open the dialer and enter *#*#8647#*#* It will almost immediately clear off the screen. When it does wait 30 seconds then power the phone off and back on. This may correct the issue.

1 Like

Oh yes, the Republic phone refresh, I’ll try that if I reload the Anywhere App, thanks.
(I already replaced the messenger app with the oem one)

Did replacing the messenger app solve the issue?

Hi @nesbocaj,

Even though you are seeing replies in your E-mail, the conversation about your text messaging issue is taking place in our Member Community where you first posted the issue.

When you replied to @louisdi’s question asking whether replacing the messaging app had solved your issue, your reply-by-e-mail did not come through in our Community correctly, so we were unable to understand your response.

If you have a moment, please sign in at Anywhere: Receiver of the text MSG is coming in as the sender of the MSG and let us know if the issue has been cleared up.

Thanks!

Yes it corrected the issue

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer