Anywhere widget no longer showing current texts

texting

The Anywhere app on my S7 no longer updates when I receive texts. The app has texts but they don’t show up on the widget. I have deleted the widget and app to no avail. Of course Android messages no longer has a widget and Samsung messages does but isn’t supported by Republic. Very frustrating!

0 Likes

Hi @rileyo.vx0t2i,

The Anywhere app had to be updated a week or so ago to comply with some new permissions rules in the App store, and notifications were affected by these changes. I imagine this is why the new texts don’t show up in the widget. (I didn’t even know Anywhere had a widget!)

Could some of our @Ambassadors or @Experts try to replicate this issue, please? (I don’t have a 3.0 phone available to me right now.) I need to know if this can be replicated across many 3.0 phones or just Samsungs.

Once we have an understanding of the scope of the issue, I’ll create a Master Ticket to report the issue to our developers. I can’t promise they’ll be able to correct the issue, though, as the new requirements in the Play Store did not leave them a lot of flexibility. (This may be why Messages no longer has a widget.)

Another possibility would be rolling the app back to the previous version, something some of our Community members could possibly help you with.

0 Likes

@southpaw Anywhere widget 4X3 on S7 Edge shows my recent texts.

Edit: Looks like it has trouble updating when a new text comes in. So far, I have only got it to update by removing and reinstalling the widget.

1 Like

Hi again @rileyo.vx0t2i,

Turns out we already have a Master Ticket created, saving me some work :relieved: . If/when you open a ticket reporting this issue, please ask that it be investigated as part of master ticket 1632320.

Pinging @Ambassadors for situational awareness and since no further testing is needed.

3 Likes

Widget does not update on Pixel 3 XL either. Have to delete and reinstall widget to show latest text received.

2 Likes

Thanks for looking into this!

4 Likes

Widget updates for me but can’t scroll down to see the messages. The widget is also stuttering and flickering occasionally on my Pixel.

2 Likes

Message an
Expert customer