APN New provider

I need to GET MY APN DIFFRENT THEN BEING LOCKED INTO JUST HOME ONLY. I no longer have republican service and need to get my apn setting changed to use my my new with another provider

Perhaps this will shed some light? https://www.androidcentral.com/what-apn-and-how-do-i-change-it
If following the instructions there helped, please provide feedback … otherwise if you don’t get some additional input from the community I would open a ticket with Republic.

Your new provider should provide instructions on updating APN settings. I notice your profile says you have a Moto E 2nd gen phone. If that is true, that phone cannot be used on any provider other than Republic Wireless.

3 Likes

Which Phone
the Legacy Phones* can not be used with another provider due to Republic custom ROM being incompatible.
{* Moto X 1st, 2nd, Moto E 1st, 2nd, Moto G 1st , and 3rd}
all 3.0 phones are unlocked and should be able to use on any other network
there have been some reports that a Phone on Republics CDMA partner having issues being activated on other carriers also using that Partner (the work around was to convert the phone to Republic’s GSM partner before activating on the new carrier)

I know how to do it, but there isn’t an option to when I go under my mobile network

Are you trying to do this on a 3.0 phone that was on Sprint CDMA?

One of my phones had the mobile network settings settings grayed out after removing the CDMA SIM. Disabling the RW app or resetting network setting would/should fix that if the issue.

:flight_departure:

As others have said, if your previous Republic phone was one of the older 1.0 or 2.0 phones then they will not be able to work on another carrier at all.

1 Like

You haven’t shared the phone you’re trying to use.

If it is a Moto X1, X2, G1, G3, E1 or E2, it can’t be used with any other carrier.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer