Archived Questions

4 months ago I asked a question about being unable to receive inbound calls. The question received a couple of quality answers, both of which required a lot of work on my part. I went through the first set of steps with no luck and then took a long hiatus on working on the problem (it wasn’t critical—just annoying).

Here I am 4 months later having finally solved the specific problem but the question has been archived so I can’t write an answer, comment on one of the existing answers, or even edit my question to add an update. In short, I have no way to communicate the fix for others to learn from.

I think I get why the archiving happens because of all those who chime in on an existing thread with their problems instead of creating their own questions, but I think this policy is prohibiting some answers from coming forward. Before I had asked my question, I noticed a lot of similar questions with no answer and I wonder whether this may be a contributing factor to that.

I would like to suggest a feature change allowing the OP to add a response or update their post after the question has been archived.

Hi @colinp.bzf6mx ,

We appreciate your feedback and your interest in coming back and following up on an older topic.

I would like to suggest a feature change allowing the OP to add a response or update their post after the question has been archived.
This Community runs on a platform called Jive, and we don’t have the fine-tuning ability in the software to accomplish what you’re asking.

You can always create a follow-up to your original thread. Title it, "Follow up to: [your original title]. Start off by linking to the original, and then go from there.

You can @mention people who helped you, to get their attention.

Message an
Expert customer