Are 2.0 plans still available?

I’m now using a MotoX 1st gen on a 1.0 plan. I have a “spare” Moto X4 that I could use only on wifi. Are the 2.0 plans still available? Can I switch to a 2.0 plan from a 1,0 plan?

1 Like

Thank you, jben. That’s a pity. I love Republic, but it’s not the great deal it used to be for people who are mostly on wifi. I also have a Google Fi account and pay nothing extra when on wifi, so i can use it all day just for the base price (which is higher, but I don’t have to worry about going “over” on data.)

Hi @brickerjenkins,

You do understand you don’t have to worry about paying extra at RW either? Unlimited WiFi data is included in the basic talk/text My Choice plan for $15. If you need cell data it’s $5 per GB, can be easily added if/when needed.

:flight_departure:

1 Like

Actually, I did not understand that, Plane Therapist! That makes Republic competitive. Thanks

+/& Data over WiFi
From 2.0 Refund and 3.0 Clear Choice plan marketing.

Mention of the inclusion of WiFi Data was dropped in RW marketing when the 4.0 My Choice plan was introduced in 2017.

5-15-Community-02

:flight_departure:.

the reason it was drop as it true for all providers any smartphone can use WiFi data and not have to pay their cell carrier to do so.

1 Like

Thank you, all. You answered my question fully; the Republic Help agent did not. Now I know where to turn: the Community! :slight_smile:

Hi @brickerjenkins,

I like to look at it this way. For issues that require account access, working with an agent is required and, in my experience, generally effective. For everything else, I think one will find the collective knowledge of the Community to be equal or better.

2 Likes

Very helpful guidance. Thank you.

mbj

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer