Battery not fully charging

**What phone do you have?**MotoG Play

What plan are you on? My Choice +1GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? yes

Issue Description

My phone battery does not fully charge. I replaced the battery and the same issue continues. Plug it in in the evening and by morning only 38 - 42% charged. Tells me it needs another day+ 9 - 10 hrs to fully charge. Have tried charging on my computer with a separate usb cable as well as in the electric outlet with the provided cable.

First, a computer USB port can not even come close to fully charge todays smart phones. The max power a computer USB can out put is 500ma and todays phones need a minimum of 1 Amp, most use 1.5A to 2A, and 3 or higher for Rapid or Quick Charge.

U mentioned trying a different cable, that is good, but have you tried a different wall charger brick? One that is rated for at least 1.5 or 2 Amp output?

In the evening when you don’t need your phone. reboot the phone by holding the power button down until the phone restarts. Once it boots up, plug it into wall charger that came with the phone, leave it plugged in over night.

In the morning check on the phone. If it is not 100%, it’s possible the battery is bad. You can contact Motorola for further evaluation and possible replacement:

This link has the Live Chat link, Email Link and Call information:

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/contactus

Motorola will ask you to do a factory reset. Be sure to read carefully the instructions on the link I provided to back up your phone. Once you do the reset you will NOT be able to recover lost personal information.

Hopefully you won’t have to do the factory reset, please keep us posted!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer