Battery replacement and Refund billing

I am grandfathered in the Refund billing; as long as my phone holds out, i can keep the Refund billing. Question: battery replacement; will that void my Refund billing? Thank you for your time.

Hi @B.Nemo,

Let’s change how you look at this a bit. It’s not that you are grandfathered into a certain type of plan.

The Republic Wireless Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen), Moto G (1st and 3rd Gen) and Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen) phones work with only our 1.0 (“Unlimited”) and 2.0 (“Republic Refund”) plans.

Phones sold since July 2016 require our My Choice plan.

So, no. Changing your battery will not change your plan. In fact, if you can find a used one to purchase, you can replace your phone with another Republic Wireless phone from the list that works with the Refund plan, and your plan will remain the same.

5 Likes

I knew that it was the phone, and “not I”, that was grandfathered in the plan—hence, my question about the phone and the battery itself.

I was always under the impression that if I ever changed phones, that would be it and the Refund Plan would be over. So, you’re saying I could effectively ‘change phones’, and keep the Plan, as long as the phone was one of those originally sold for the Refund Plan. Interesting! Wow! Thank you, I did not know that. Good to know!

I’m not glued to my phone all the time. I use my iPad (like right now) and a PC for most things. Even the Republic Anywhere messaging app, I use mainly on my iPad. So keeping an old Moto phone is fine by me. I use it mainly for the occasional phone call and Lyft (car service) and that’s pretty much it. I’m not a big phone user.

I found a new battery for my phone and it’s en route to me now. I hope I can change it myself, but if I can’t, I will seek help.

Thank you so much for your help in answering my question. You helped a great deal and I appreciate your time and attention to my query.

Best regards,

Betty

4 Likes
Message an
Expert customer