Best service provider

I am currently on the sprint network but recently saw a t-mobile commercial which highlighted improvements in their coverage areas nationwide. What is the best way for me to make sure that I am still with the best provider in my area. It is hard to tell from the coverage map sometimes.

I usually ask friends and colleagues who live in my area. At this point, though, I have tried every major carrier in my area.

2 Likes

I would consult a 3rd party service like RootMetrics

They build the map by driving the routes in an auto and gathering data from multiple phones and carriers. This data is then analyzed and you can see what the actual results were (as well as the number of data points available) … I feel this is far superior to the standard carrier provided map.

• The coverage map shown by Republic is for T-Mobile (afik)

Hi @kevins.k2y5wk,

If you’re simply wondering which of the two Republic Wireless partners is best for your location, we’d be glad to send you a SIM card so you could try our coverage on T-Mobile’s network and see what you think.

1 Like

I am guessing that if you send me the sim card for T-mobile I would keep what I have and if I don’t like T-Mobile, just put the other back in? If that is the case, it is worth a shot just to see.

Hi @kevins.k2y5wk,

Yes. Save the current SIM card and it could be re-activated in the same phone if you decide it offered better coverage. The current SIM card would expire 20 days after being de-activated (by activating the replacement SIM card), so you’d have that long to make your decision. If you decide after 20 days that you prefer the coverage through our partnership with Sprint, you’d just need to let us know. Our Help team could either refresh that SIM card or send you a new one.

I’ll be in touch by personal message to confirm some details.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer