Best under $200 phone?

What model phone would you recommend that is under $200, 64 GB or higher and takes decent photos?

Many thanks!

Hi @elizabethr.kzbfqk,

I would say either the Samsung A11:

Or the moto g play:

Both phone come with 32GB of storage BUT are expandable with an SD card. :slight_smile:

While I have a moto g play myself, I don’t have a Galaxy A11 to compare photos for you. But my gut gives “points” to Samsung for photos.

One more thing to think about. :thinking: I saw in your prior post that your son broke his moto x4’s screen.
Samsung and moto’s have a little bit of a difference in their usage and feel. I would give “points” to the moto g play in that case.

But I am one of many Members here! Let’s see if others pop in with opinions. :smiley:

Thank you. Yes I need to take into account a clumsy teenager. Maybe he needs a sturdier case?

What about just replacing the Moto X4 64 GB with a refurbished one? Like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Moto-X4-Android-One-Unlocked/dp/B07YCTTLWC/ref=sr_1_24?dchild=1&keywords=moto%2Bx4%2B64gb%2Bunlocked&qid■■■■■■■■■■■■refinements=p_n_feature_twelve_browse-bin%3■■■■■■■■■■■■■rnid■■■■■■■■■■■■■s=wireless&sr=1-24&th=1

You would get MUCH more bang for your buck if you got one of the newer phones:

• A new phone has a new battery! Who knows how long a “renewed” phones battery will last :face_with_monocle:

• You get a 1 year warranty! :mega:

• A new moto g play is only $4.51 more than the moto x4 you listed. :moneybag:

Added:

Couldn’t hurt :wink:

2 Likes

Is there a phone that meets my criteria but comes with the 64 GB native to the phone?

What about this one? It is new I believe. https://www.amazon.com/Moto-X4-Android-One-Unlocked/dp/B07NYBD9DW/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=moto+x4&qid■■■■■■■■■■■■refinements=p_n_condition-type%3■■■■■■■■■■■■2Cp_n_feature_twelve_browse-bin%3■■■■■■■■■■■■■rnid■■■■■■■■■■■■■s=wireless&sr=1-1

It appears to be “new” meaning not sold before. However, the phone was launched in 2017 and discontinued in 2019. Even in 2019 most reviewers found the Moto G line at that time a better deal ( Should you buy a Moto X4 in 2019? - AIVAnet) 2 years later the X4 is most certainly not worth anywhere near $190.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer