Billing and Activation Date

billing

Hello,

I need to change my billing date. I had activated my plan on first of the month, midnight east coast. However, my plan switched to starting on the last day of each month. This is extremely inconvenient due to all my credit cards statements ending at the end of the month also. And all my automatic payments start on the first of each month.

I have tried creating a new account with a new email address but I cannot port my number to this new account. Don’t know why. Someone mentioned that you lose your phone number when you deactivate your plan. I’ve had my number for 10 years and I don’t want to lose it.
Someone also mentioned that there is a two day grace period for payment.

So these are the options I am considering. If you know anything let me know.

I plan on not paying my bill and letting my service run until the 3rd or something. Then paying it late with the hopes it will change the date.

Or a more expensive version. Which is to switch to a different carrier, port my number, then switch back after a month or so.

any suggestions are welcomed.

I would suggest you create a Help Ticket | Republic Wireless
By fully explaining the circumstances to them, they will be able to offer you some guidance. The community would not be able to help with a billing situation.
Good luck

Hi @juninho23,

“Porting” means moving a phone number from one carrier to another. You can’t port your number from Republic Wireless to Republic Wireless.
When you created this new account did you activate a phone on the account? While you can’t “port” a number from one RW account to another, we can move it across accounts. It is a complex process and requires us to authenticate that we have both account owners’ permission to do so. There must be a phone on the new account for the number to be attached to. We can’t just the phone number on an “account” - it has to be on a phone.

This will not change your date. If it worked that way, everyone would just wait and pay their bills late month after month to get 33 days out of every billing period.

If you come back to the same account, you may end up with the same billing date.

“Porting” means moving a phone number from one carrier to another. You can’t port your number from Republic Wireless to Republic Wireless.
When you created this new account did you activate a phone on the account? While you can’t “port” a number from one RW account to another, we can move it across accounts. It is a complex process and requires us to authenticate that we have both account owners’ permission to do so. There must be a phone on the new account for the number to be attached to. We can’t just the phone number on an “account” - it has to be on a phone.

That does seem complicated. That’s what someone wrote on another thread so I assumed it would work.

This will not change your date. If it worked that way, everyone would just wait and pay their bills late month after month to get 33 days out of every billing period.

Wouldn’t you be paying the same amount regardless in a year? $20 a month for a year is still $240 even if its late.

If you come back to the same account, you may end up with the same billing date.

This is what I plan to do. I was assured that my account would be deleted once I leave to another carrier. If the account is deleted, then I can’t have the same billing date as before. The billing cycle starts on the date you make the payment. If I come back on the first of the month, then the billing cycle will be on the first of the month.

The date cannot be changed. Thank you for your post.

Hi @juninho23,

Our billing manager would like to discuss your situation with you further.

Do you have a ticket on the matter? I’m not finding one associated with the E-mail address you’re using for Community.