Billing cycle doesn't match my phone, causes Cell data usage error

What phone do you have? Moto G5 Plus
What plan are you on? 2GB
Does your plan include dGBata, or just talk & text? Yes

Issue Description

Bought more Cell Data in the middle of my billing cycle, every thing was OK, but when new billing cycle started phone still thinks I’m on 1GB cell data plan and says I’m over limit so no cell connection. Republic says everything is good, main problem is Phone and Republic have different billing cycle dates, making the usage incorrect. All started when new billing cycle started.

OK looked around some more in forums and found how to change billing cycle date in Android settings to match Republic. Cell Data usage looks OK now, Thanks

Hi @dcherry,

Please do not use the Android Settings to disable cell data. When you use all your allotted data, it will just stop working, you never have to worry about overages; however, our app still uses some data (at no cost to you) for texting, call set-up, and some back-end processes. If you’ve let the Android Settings app manage your data access, those vital functions will fail.

2 Likes
closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer