I have a Moto Z Play that starting having a strange charging issue a few weeks ago.
It is taking the charge, the indicator comes on when I plug it in. But when I unplug the phone it shows that my battery has not increased. If I restart my phone, the battery suddenly is full. This occurs no matter if I use a turbocharger, another USB charger or a car charger.
Yesterday things got worse.
- I noticed in the morning I had forgotten to charge my phone the previous night.
- I plugged it in around 11:00 am while preparing food for Thanksgiving (It was at 4%)
- I unplugged it around 1:00pm when we were leaving, and got a low battery warning. With no time to fool with it, I grabbed my charged and left.
- I used the car charger and powered off my phone. Charging icon showed on the screen. I restarted my phone when I got to my MIL’s house and got a low battery warning. Still at 4%
- I plugged in my phone at her house, are restarted a few times with no success. Always at 4%.
- I plugged it in again, left it alone for while we ate.
- Later that evening I unplugged my phone (still at 4%) and got the low battery warning.
- I restarted and Wa-La - 99%. 12 hours later I sit here with 89%. The battery will last several days with light use, one day with heavy use.
Any ideas what is going on? Is this hardware or software related?
Is there an app that will tell me the true percentage of battery life left? All I tried just give me the same number.
I have tried retraining the battery by letting it drain all the way and recharging. That doesn’t help.
Moto Z Play