Blocked number list sort

How do you sort the blocked number list so you can search and manage it? It appears to be in the order the number was blocked, and there is no way to change that sort order.

Hi @dondtus,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to accomplish your stated goal. For better or worse, it’s simply the design of Android.

Out of curiosity, how do you wish to manage the blocked numbers list?

I want to see if any of my contacts numbers are on the list without correlation to the contact name. I’ve had some contacts go directly to voicemail without my knowledge.

Hi @dondtus,

I agree that’s a worthwhile reason to be able to sort the blocked caller list. Many VoIP service providers do allow for this, however, Android as designed by Google does not.

May we know which phone (brand, model and generation) you are using with Republic? Would your contacts numbers in question be in their contact record or would these be numbers that needed to be added to their contact record?

I have a MotoX4. Contacts include name, numbers, all known info.

I found this app in Google’s Play Store that may help:

It purports to allow for exporting and editing blocked number lists on an Android. The app gets generally excellent reviews but I’ve not tried it.

I just checked on my Moto x4. Won’t this procedure help you check what you want. Open the contact, then tap on the 3dots at top right. If the contacts number is blocked, you will get the message to unblock numbers.

1 Like

Hi @dondtus,

Did the app @rolandh recommended allow you to view your blocked numbers in the order you prefer?

Hi Southpaw,
My Moto X4 is showing it’s age, running out of space and battery life, so I have not used the suggested app.
I have a new phone coming today [Motorola One 5G Ace | 2021 | 2-Day battery | Unlocked | Made for US by Motorola | 6/128GB | 48MP Camera | Hazy Silver] that I will move my RW SIM into by this weekend. I’ll try it then and if you want another update I can let you know.

Don

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer