"Blocker is on"

I restarted my Samsung J3 phone this morning, and when it turned back on, I got a notification with a blue shield that says “Blocker is on,” then “Blocker is on low profile mode.” The shield icon doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen before and doesn’t seem to correspond to any of my apps. Anyone know what this is an how to manage it?

0 Likes

Any chance you’ve installed “Extreme Call Blocker”?

0 Likes

Nope. No such app on my phone.

0 Likes

Any call blockers? Parental control programs?

0 Likes

I have “Call Voicemail Blocker.” It doesn’t seem to be related, but perhaps you can help me know if it is. I don’t think it has a “low profile mode.”

0 Likes

I take that back. It does. Low profile seems to mean that it uses less energy. I guess it has just been a while since I restarted my phone, but I never had that little icon in the corner before. I gather it is nothing I need to be concerned about.

0 Likes

Just looked and that app, as you discovered, does have such a mode. It is made by the same people that make Extreme Call Blocker. You may want to consider that app as they haven’t updated the one you are using since May 2016.

1 Like

Long press on the notification and you should see which app is pushing it, [it may be the native call blocking of Samsung, [though I see those via the extreme call blocker], your voicemail blocker may also put this out.

1 Like

Think this is already figured out above.

0 Likes

Okay. Thank you.

1 Like

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer