Blu Pure XL

I am being gifted a Blu Pure XL that meets all 3 requirements of being:

• North American version.
  • Unlocked.
  • GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications).
    It is not listed on the given specs as a qualified phone though, but it meets all this criteria. So I want to know if I can still stay with you guys when I get this since I’ve been with you all for so long and love your service plans, or will I end up having to take the sad route and get myself back into T-Mobile? I cannot endure the first gen moto x i have any longer, it’s flash is toast, the phone screen is gone basically, i’m dirt broke to be able to buy a new one, i’ve replaced the screen already once and it lead to a microphone issue so I have been using bluetooth for 2 years now, and to not get glass splinters I have since been using a layer of masking tape over it (attached is a photo of it turned off without the masking tape lol)…I have an opportunity finally to upgrade to a nice phone that meets all the qualifications… i just need to know ahead of time if I can stay with you guys or will need to move on

Thank you for your input and advice it is tremendously appreciated

Hi @solace,

The short answer to your eloquent post is no.

Though it no longer requires a modified operating system, Republic’s blended WiFi/cell service still requires an app. That app has been tested and qualified as working only on phones listed here: Bring Your Own Phone FAQs. Other than legacy phones (Moto E1, E2, G1, G3, X1, X2) specifically manufactured for Republic’s network no other phones will activate.

As an aside, BLU’s Pure XL still lists its’ operating system as Android 5.1 (Lollipop). All of Republic’s currently qualified phones (and I expect future ones) require a minimum of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).

Everything else one needs to know about Republic 3.0 here: Republic Wireless 3.0 FAQs.

Sorry!

Thanks for your eloquent reply - that settles it then.

There is always the option of selling it on eBay or Swappa and using the proceeds to purchase a qualifying phone.

BLU Life Pure XL L260L - 32GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone 848958009733 | eBay

Message an
Expert customer