Bluetooth connections Moto X Pure

I am having trouble getting bluetooth to connect to devices like earbuds and Bose speakers. I can delete the paired devices, able to discover to pair, but then won’t connect to play music. If I touch the device name, it will briefly flash connecting and then go away. I had no trouble two weeks ago, now I have been trying different things the past couple days. If I do a soft reset, ie hold power button of several seconds, I can sometimes connect. But if I disconnect the BT device, I won’t be able to connect again unless I soft reset. Any ideas? I have a Moto X Pure with Marshmallow.

I had the same problem with my Moto X Pure and Bluetooth car speakers where the would only connect after a soft reboot.

Looks like a software glitch with Marshmallow and it was a pain to troubleshoot.

Found that turning off Bluetooth scanning by clicking on the three dots in the location settings under phone settings fixed it.

I also had to go to Bluetooth and click on the device and make sure phone audio and media audio were checked as well.

If that doesn’t work, boot your phone into safe mode by holding the power until the “power off” message shows and hold down on the screen until it tell you it will boot into safe mode.

It will reboot with only stock apps loading and will help determine if it is an app interfering with Bluetooth.

Hope this helps!

Switching off Bluetooth Scanning and/or Clearing Data and force stopping the Blueooth Share app seem to

possible workarounds to this issue. See this discussion for additional info.

Moto G4 Bluetooth Failure

Also, here are some cautions about doing any debugging in Safe Mode. Since, RW is also downloaded app, it will not work

in Safe Mode. See here for additional info

Safe Mode and 3.0

I tried it again this morning, and I had not trouble connecting to the earbuds. I have done nothing. Maybe something was updated that took care of it. I will try with the BOSE later today.

I tried it again this morning, and I had no trouble connecting to the earbuds. I have done nothing. Maybe something was updated that took care of it. I will try with the BOSE later today.

Message an
Expert customer