Bluetooth issues after Pie update

What phone do you have? Moto g6

What plan are you on? Talk and text only

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Just talk and text

Issue Description

my wife has the G6. Since she installed the new pie update from Motorola her Honda CR-V handsfree Bluetooth and the G6 don’t like each other. When she makes a call or receives a call it will start on Bluetooth but then the handsfree kicks her off to “hand set mode”. We’ve tried everything Motorola suggests; forgetting the Bluetooth on the phone then reconnecting, restarting the phone, even a reset. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Hi @timt.eqmzu5,

Have you tried deleting the phone from the car’s Bluetooth device list, and starting over with it from scratch?

Have you tried turning off the phone’s Wi-Fi when in the car? I’ve seen some comments on a Lenovo/Motorola help forum that people found Bluetooth connectivity was improved when Wi-Fi was turned off.

We did delete the phone from the car’s Bluetooth. Didn’t help. Have not tried the WiFi idea. Will give that a try and see if it helps.
I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

We tried turning off Wi-Fi. Still didn’t help blue tooth issues. The phone will connect but as soon as a call begins the car indicates that the call has been sent to handset.
Very frustrating. Will there be a patch of some sort?

There’s a long thread regarding a similar issue on the Motorola forums. I don’t see any mention of a fix yet. There may be some additional troubleshooting steps in this long discussion thread:

1 Like

I’ll check it out, thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer