Bluetooth turning itself on?

What phone do you have? Pixel 3a

What plan are you on? My Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Just talk & text

I have Bluetooth turned off on my phone since I don’t need it and it consumes power. But it keeps turning back on whether I’ve turned it off on the pulldown or in Settings. Any ideas what could be causing that to happen and how to stop it? I’m not aware of any installed app that needs Bluetooth and might be changing my setting.

Issue Description

Maybe Bluetooth scanning is enabled? Open Bluetooth, long press on the icon. Connection Preferences. Bluetooth . touch scanning settings.

Mines enabled , but does not just turn on by itself. Did you also do a re-boot? Cold boot would be best.

My Pixel 3a XL has done this since, at least, Android 11. I’ve never tried to make it stop, since most of my annoyances come from failing to enable Bluetooth when I need it.

Here’s a thread from the Google support forums on the topic of Bluetooth automatically enabling:
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/4047383/disable-bluetooth-absolutely-including-auto-connect?hl=en

4 Likes

Thanks @glennm.xe08im. Bluetooth scanning is turned off. Rebooting sometimes causes Bluetooth to restart after I’ve turned it off.

Thanks for the link @cbwahlstrom. All is good for now. I’ll recheck automatic connection when Bluetooth comes on again. It may be something I’ll just have to live with. After all, it’s not a huge problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.