Bluetooth won't connect with paired devices

What phone do you have? Moto G 3rd

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

Devices that have been paired with my phone by bluetooth (car phone, fitness watch) will not reconnect with phone unless my phone is rebooted

Try clearing the System Cache:

This may take up to 20 minutes to complete. It will not delete personal information. This will make room in the system cache, which Android needs to function properly.

If that doesn’t work, forget the pair, restart the phone and pair with the devices again. See if it will reconnect after that.

thanks, the problem is intermittent, so I won’t know immediately

Thank you for responding! That’s fine, let’s us know in a few weeks if
the pairing problem stops or not.

the problem happened this morning again. it would not connect with my fitness watch until I rebooted the phone

Considering this is an older phone, it might be a good idea to restart the phone once a week regardless of the Bluetooth connectivity. Try this for about a month and see if this issue comes back.

Phones can benefit form a routine of restarting the phone on a regular or weekly basis, this clears up memory.

really? that is the best solution you could come up with? buy a new phone?

Sorry don’t understand why restarting your phone once a week is objectionable. Smart phones are little computers, just as it would be recommended to restart a Windows computer periodically, the same goes for smart phones. It clears the memory so they can worker more efficiently.

If you want to get a new phone, that is entirely up to you. Your Moto G3 might be old but other than dropping paired devices once in awhile, it works fine…Yes?

How many devices do you have paired to your phone? They usually can handle up to 7 pairs at once, but 5 is optimal.

If you decide to get a new phone, check compatibility with your car first! Please see this post, I provided links to auto manufacturers:

Another suggestion would be to buy new Bluetooth devices. My son has a cheap fitness watch that won’t maintain a connection to any phone for more than a week without rebooting. Drove me crazy, but it’s just crappy coding in the cheap fitness watch.

Your phone isn’t going to receive any new software updates to address Bluetooth connectivity. It’s either the phone or the Bluetooth device.

It could also be an app on the phone that is causing the issues.
Uninstall any non stock apps that you do not use.
Run in safe mode for a while and see if the issue happens.
Else, last resort, Factory Reset the phone and start fresh with only the stock built in apps.
As you add back on apps, one at a time, if your issue reoccurs, then it is a software issue caused by an app.