Bricked Moto X --- need urgent help

My old Moto X has been having issues, and last night it bricked. It shut down, wouldn’t turn back on. It had a full charge on battery. Totally unresponsive. I got SIM card out but couldn’t get it back in quite right. Seems dead in any case. What can I do now? I have no phone, and no way to get one from RW until after Christmas. Is there a temporary phone possibility? Please help.

I don;t know which generation Moto X you have. Try pressing and holding the power button for for up to two minutes to see if that will start it. Alternative you can try some of the routines that start from the phone being powered down such as clearing the cache and factory resetting the phone.

Gee, the timing was really tough. Can you order a replacement phone with overnight shipping and Saturday delivery?

There’s no Saturday delivery option in Republic’s online store. One may or may not be able to add it after the fact via UPS My Choice.

Hi @laurac.8gq3t9,

I’m very sorry to hear of the circumstances! Many of Republic’s newer 3.0 supported phones are potentially available locally. The list of supported phones is here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help. Click the link for 3.0 phones. That would still leave the dilemma of the required SIM. Amazon might be able to get it to you before Christmas: https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Wireless-SIM-Starter-Kit/dp/B01J63NYAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512940537&sr=8-1&keywords=republic+sim.

Presuming your Moto X is a 1st or 2nd generation model. both your plan and coverage would change.

Plan Details: Affordable, No-Contract Cell Phone Plans | Republic Wireless.
More on Coverage: Republic Wireless Coverage – Republic Help.

3 Likes

I see that, depending on where you live, Amazon has one-day and same-day delivery. including Saturday.

1 Like

I can probably get that, but what about the SIM card? Don’t I need to get a new one of that, too?

If you have a Moto X (1st Gen) or (2nd Gen) the SIM in that phone only works with that phone. If you buy a new p;hone from the list of compatible phones you will need a SIM for it and you still face the delivery problem.

Oh, never mind. I see I can get that from Amazon too. Wish I liked the new phones better, though. That’s why I haven’t gotten one yet. But now I think I have to.

2 Likes

I take it the long-press and powered-off routines didn’t work.

No, they don’t work. I’m looking at Amazon, but they are pushing some phone that has ads on the lock screen, which I do not want. I also want to know what their return policy for the phone is in case I don’t like it, but I can’t figure that out either.

Amazon sells phones both with and without lock screen ads. Is there a specific phone you’re interested in?

30 days, which is actually more generous than Republic’s online store.

1 Like

Yes, I am looking at the Moto X4. I see the without ads is not sold by Amazon itself, and it costs a lot more. It says you can pay a one-time fee to get rid of the ads on the other one, but it doesn’t say how much that is.

Can I use the one with the ads on RW?

If it’s a supported model, yes! Again, if there’s a specific phone you’re looking at, please tell us or, better yet, share the link.

This is the one I’m looking at https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-hands-free-Lockscreen/dp/B074V4K4JZ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=mobile&ie=UTF8&qid=1513891589&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=Moto%2BX%2B(4th%2BGeneration)%2B-%2Bwith%2Bhands-free%2BAmazon%2BAlexa%2B–%2B32%2BGB%2B-%2BUnlocked%2B–%2BSuper%2BBlack%2B-%2BPrime%2BExclusive%2B-%2Bwith%2BLockscreen%2BOffers%2B%26%2BAds%2Bblue&th=1

one can also remove the ads later
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202064590

Unsubscribe from Lockscreen Offers and Ads
You can unsubscribe from lockscreen offers and ads on your Prime exclusive phone if you do not want to receive them.

Amazon is able to offer these phones at a subsidized price by delivering lockscreen offers and ads. You will be charged a one-time payment to unsubscribe from this service.

To unsubscribe:
Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
Select the Your Devices tab.
Click your device to display more information.
Next to Special Offers / Offers and Ads, click Edit, and then follow the instructions to unsubscribe. You’ll see the amount of the one-time payment before you confirm.
Your 1-Click payment method will be charged when you unsubscribe from lockscreen offers and ads and you’ll receive an e-mail notification.

3 Likes

Hi @laurac.8gq3t9

Yes. It may help if we knew your location…zip code, if by luck we have a someone close by that may be able to help.

1 Like

San Diego, California 92104

1 Like

It will work on Republic!

Hi, yes, I saw the unsubscribe info. Anybody know how much they charge for that?

Message an
Expert customer