Bring Your Own Google Pixel and Pixel XL to Republic

We’re excited to let you know that Republic will be supporting the newly announced Pixel and Pixel XL, made by Google!

Google is currently taking pre-orders with expected shipment times at the end of October. See below for some of the specs for these new phones, but you can find full tech specs on Google’s website. Don’t forget to get your Republic Wireless SIM card as well!

Let us know if you have any questions or comments here.

Pixel and Pixel XL

KEY FEATURES

• 2.15Ghz Quad Core processor
  • 12.3MP rear camera with large 1.55μm pixels
  • Fingerprint reader
  • Unlimited storage for all your photos and videos

PIXEL AND PIXEL XL BASIC INFORMATION

AVAILABILITY

Pre-order now with Google

OPERATING SYSTEM

Android™ 7.1 Nougat®

CAPACITY

Memory RAM

4GB

Storage

32GB and 128GB

PROCESSOR

Chipset

Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 821

Processor Speed

2.15GHz Quad Core

Graphics Processor

Adreno 530

BATTERY

Pixel

Built-In rechargeable lithium-ion, 2770 mAh

Mixed usage up to 26 hours

Fast charging up to 7 hours of power in 15 minutes of charging

Pixel XL

Built-In rechargeable lithium-ion, 3450 mAh

Mixed usage up to 32 hours

Fast charging up to 7 hours of power in 15 minutes of charging

DISPLAY

Pixel

5.0" FHD AMOLED at 441ppi

Pixel XL

5.5" QHD AMOLED at 534ppi

CAMERA

Rear

12.3 MP

Front

8 MP

CELLULAR NETWORK

GSM

WATER RESISTANCE

2.5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4

Thanks @sarahd – I’m actually looking to switch phones. As an iOS user currently, I’m hoping to transition to the pixel. Wasn’t sure if this was supported on RW. Glad to hear that it is!!

FYI, you can find a full list of all of the supported phone models in the document here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help

I’m looking at buying a used Pixel on eBay. If it’s “unlocked” am I good to go, or are there other features that need to line up so that the phone is compatible with RW?

Follow the advise above your entry … provided by @andreas … this is the official listing of phones sold and the BYOD supported ones

I don’t see any advice. I just see a list of phones.

I referenced you to the official listing of supported phones, this is preferred to my doing a copy paste and then when someone else has the same question later the information that I posted may well be out of date.