Bring your own phone

I have had Republic for 4 years and now have a Moto 3Gen and am looking to update to a Moto 5S Plus.
The phone is 279.00 on Republic website and 199.00 at Best Buy. If I buy from Best Buy how do I go about using it on Republic? The Phone is unlocked.

Thanks for you time**

Hi @normam.pc3p3k

Please be sure you are purchasing the compatible model number. For the Moto G5S Plus, that’s (XT1687). You can see the complete list of compatible phones at the following link:

You will also need at BYOP SIM Card Kit which you can find at the following link:

Republic Wireless SIM Card Kit | Republic Wireless

You will take care of moving your number over and deactivating your old phone while you are activating your phone.

When you receive your new phone, make sure the SIM is installed, the battery is charged and then turn it on.

First: Select your language.

Second: Connect the phone to WiFi. all activation takes place over WiFi.

Third: Add the same Google account that you have on your old phone. This will move your contacts, Gmail and access to Google Photos and Drive.

Be sure your phone has the Republic app installed and up to date. This is also an opportunity for your phone to start updating apps

Fourth is Republic activation. Login to the account that controls your phone. Select to “Move (your number)”. This will transfer your number to your new phone and deactivate your old phone.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.