Bringing a locked phone to republic

So I researched who partners with republic wireless and the answer I got from that as Sprint and T-mobile. I would like to eventually bring my own device to republic wireless seeing as the plans are cheaper than anywhere else, but I don’t want to have to buy a new unlocked phone since those cost more usually. SO my question is, will republic wireless work on a T-mobile or Sprint locked phone or is it incompatible?

Hello @kyless_89
Welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

No, they will not work. Only select North America Unlocked versions will work with Republic.

Here is a list of the phones Republic does support:

This could help in finding one:

1 Like

Hi @kyless_89,

Thanks for your interest in Republic Wireless.

I don’t mean to pick nits, as I understand by new, you may have meant new-to-you, but I did want to clarify so no one reading later on is confused: It is possible to buy a used supported phone to bring to our service.

Oh okay, that makes sense to me now. So what you are saying is that only an unlocked phone that meets the criteria of a republic (BYOP) is compatible. That makes sense, thank you for clarifying! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer