Buying a refurb Samsung S6 - ANY carrier is OK?

I am buying a Samsung to use on RW system. I just want to verify that I am not missing something.

It seems from the Republic description that any Galaxy S6 is good.

• EBay is set to “shop by network” (Sprint, T-Mobile, A T & T). BestBuy, Amazon list items like “A T & T” / “Verizon” / “unlocked” / etc.
    Also, for my comprehension and education:

• This will automatically put me into the Plan 3.0 which uses T-Mobile network because the phone is a GSM phone - right?
    FYI, the reasons I am choosing an S6 instead of an S7 or MotoG4 Plus, my daughter is 30 and doesn’t care about a removable SD card and she thinks a 5.7" (even 5.5) screen is too big.

Republic need the US Regional Factory Unlock (the Model number is shared with the T-Mobile version but it has different Build Numbers Bring_Your_Own_Phone_FAQs

• Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T)*See more info below
    • (Apps → Settings → About device → Model number)
      *For the Pixel, Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy J3 and S6 phones only: In addition to matching the model number, you also need to match the build number. This additional step ensures that you’re receiving a Republic certified phone, meaning it’s been thoroughly tested by our engineers and has received updated quality improvements.

To find the build number, tap Apps → Settings → About device → Build number. The build number must match one of the following:

For Samsung Galaxy S6

• MMB29K.G920TUES5DPK1
  • MMB29K.G920TUES5DPI2
  • MMB29K.G920TUES4DPH2
  • MMB29K.G920TUEU4DPG2
  • MMB29K.G920TUES4DPF1
  • MMB29K.G920TUEU3DPD6

The S6 is extraordinarily difficult to buy used for Republic. In my experience there are nearly NO factory unlocked US versions out there. I quite literally have never seen one, anywhere, including on eBay.

Edited to add: On another note, the S7 screen size is identical to the S6 at 5.1".

WOW! That’s quite a footnote. I have not found any listings anywhere that have any “build numbers” - So a Galaxy S6 is impossible.

This experience is certainly contrary to what I’ve read about the interchangeability of GSM phones.

So I am forced to change my direction.

• It looks like I must buy a new phone through RW if I still decide to choose RW. So I would need to buy a lesser phone.
  • But for right now, I will check out Consumer Cellular.
    Thanks for the reply, even if I hate the information.

Louis -

You saved me a lot of digging.

Thanks, and I hope this Christmas day was excellent for you.

Due to Republic hybrid VOIP/Cell setup they do not want to take a chance with a carrier branded version of the phones as they don’t have the full resources to test all the variants. Samsung has made it hard for both the S6 and J3 by reusing a carrier model number for the US Regional Factory Unlock ("and one reason they are hard to find used is that Samsung really didn’t start selling them until this year and most where sold where carrier variant)

(the Pixels build are to differentiate from the international and Verizon builds and is much easier to find)