Buying Moto g power

I am looking to buy the Moto g power for $249. WhenI buy this does it come with everything I need? More specifically the SIM card or can I use the one from my old/current phone the Moto g 4? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Karen

Hi @karenw.2buhcs and welcome to the Community!

When purchasing a phone from Republic’s online store, a SIM will be preinstalled and everything else one needs to get up and running is included in the box.

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I assume I can keep my same number and contacts roll over??? I am sorry I forgot to ask that!

Hi @karenw.2buhcs - I’m not sure if @rolandh is still online so I’ll jump in with some information that should help answer your questions and get a new Moto G Power up and running. I assume you are replacing your existing RW phone (Moto G4) with the Moto G7 Power.

Here’s a guide for activating the phone – How to Activate a Cell Phone or SIM Card – Republic Help

And here’s a Tips & Tricks article that will answer questions about How to Transfer Contacts, Photos, Text messages and Other Info to Your New Phone

Couldn’t tell by your original post – if you are purchasing a new phone and want to transfer your service to RW this guide will help – How to Transfer Your Number to Republic Wireless – Republic Help

Hopefully a review of these documents will get you going. Come back to the Community if you have any questions :grinning:

Good Morning @karenw.2buhcs,

I had inded signed off for the evening as suggested by @freddyp. I see he’s got you covered.

With each newer version of Android, Google improves the ease of setting up a new phone. When you set up the new Moto G Power (follow on screen prompts for that), so long as you sign in using the same Google account on your current phone, you’ll be presented the opportunity to copy user content from your old phone. For anything that might get left behind, @freddyp has already provided the link to excellent Community guidance.

Regarding activation of the new phone with Republic; the document linked by @freddyp does cover it, however, there’s a more specific document linked here: How to Activate a Replacement Phone – Republic Help.

You will be prompted to sign into the appropriate Republic account (use the email address that receives billing invoices for your current phone) and you will be presented with the opportunity to move your current number from old to new phone. Continue through the activation process, then you’re all set! Your old phone will be simultaneously deactivated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer