Buying phone from reseller

If I switch to a reseller (approved) Samsung 7 edge unlocked, from my Moto x, do I need a new sim card from republic wireless?
Or do I switch card from one phone to other
I’m a bit lost here…

Reseller Moto z

If you’re coming from a Moto X1, or X2, you will need a new SIM. You can purchase a BYOP SIM from either here: Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless or here: https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Wireless-Starter-Prepaid-Carrier/dp/B01J63NYAO

If you’re coming from an X Pure, let us know and we can dig in further.

I notice most reseller phones say international…are these compatible??

These models will not be compatible. Please see the model numbers of the compatible phones here:

All of those phones listed are the North America Factory Unlocked Model.

most of samsungs international models are the SM-S935 “F” or SM-S935 “FD” models and are not supported by Republic (the S7 Edge supported by republic is the SM-S935 “U” (from @michellen link)

You might also find this information that Lousdi put together helpful:

Hi again. I’m trying to replace my Moto x 1st Gen
Will the reseller Moto z play work? Or Moto pure?
I can’t find spec’s to determine like I could with Samsung S7 edge
Will I need new sim card instead of the one with my Moto x

Which phone is better?

I’m not sure we know what you’re asking. What reseller Moto Z Play? Do you have a link to the phone that you’re considering? The list of phones that work with Republic is here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help

You will need a new SIM. You can purchase a BYOP SIM from either here: Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless or here: https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Wireless-Starter-Prepaid-Carrier/dp/B01J63NYAO

You can find the specs of the phones here: Detailed Supported Phone Features

Hi @rosieo,

I’ve moved your latest question to your original thread so we can keep the conversation all in one place.

Thank you for trying to help
I bought a Moto z after doing as much research as I could and the seller had a link to carriers for the phone.
Republic wireless was listed! Yay

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.